Engineering Project Manager
As one of North America’s leading providers of turnkey mechanical noise control and VIRS solutions, Parklane is on a constant search for top industry talent. Every day we help clients their sound attenuation and vibration challenges. We do it by leveraging an agile approach to engineering, product manufacturing and implementation.
As an organization, we live and breathe our core values: reliability, accountability, respect, commitment, perseverance and collaboration. By sharing ideas and supporting each other at every turn, we’ve built a reputation both for service excellence and the strength of our workplace culture. Put simply, our team is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our customers succeed—and that’s why we need professionals with the experience and expertise to solve complex problems.
As a key member of the Parklane Mechanical team, the Engineering Project Manager will collaborate in engineered design of noise control and anti-vibration solutions, including the provision of mechanical/structural analysis of existing systems. This role requires collaboration with a team of internal and external engineers and customers to complete assigned work on schedule. The Engineering Project Manager will partake or lead discussions with clients and consulting partners and would maintain high levels of accuracy and adherence to engineering standards on all assigned work. The incumbent will be responsible for the successful execution of external projects that they are assigned.
- Coordinate detailed base component/site models through various forms of field measurement.
- Obtain competency in developing 3D models and 2D submittal drawings for application of noise control, vibration control and structural systems. Complete using the AutoDesk Product Design Suite.
- Coordinate the production of Engineered shop drawings and calculations. This includes base product selection and customizations of various noise and vibration abatement solutions.
- Responsible for overall system design to ensure compliance with relevant specifications, constructability, and integration with known site constraints.
- Troubleshooting site integration constraints for implementation of solutions.
- Analysis of various equipment and system installation scenarios. This includes parameters such as noise emissions, aerodynamic properties, thermal loading, and impacts to static pressure/system efficiency.
- Assessment of Consulting Engineering reports to provide a basis for product selection and design.
- Read and analyze customer architectural/mechanical drawings, and equipment and system blueprints/shop drawings.
- Maintain a strong connection between engineering and manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain project schedules aligned with contractual commitments to customers.
- Ensure all designs and project costs align with project budgets. Provide financial project summaries to Engineering Operations Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all project invoicing is completed based on progress payment agreements and schedules.
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering.
- Currently Registered with PEO as a P.Eng or EIT.
- Minimum 5 years’ engineering and/or relevant construction experience in Ontario.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and technical skills, and attention to detail.
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficiency with AutoDesk Suite (Inventor, AutoCAD, NavisWorks, Revit)
- Familiar with noise and vibration measurement methods and standards.
- A proven ability to analyze data, write reports, provide quality control and assurance and present results to clients.
- Comfort with business development initiatives, networking, and client interaction.
- Project Management Professional Certification considered an asset.
- Proven experience in working successfully in a team environment.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to operate computer and various measuring devices.
- Able to climb stairs and service ladders.
- Drive to visit client sites.
- Work in both and office and remote environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in the performance bonus program
- A stellar 100% employer paid benefits program
- Employee professional development opportunities
- Paid holiday shutdown
- Remote work as per company policy
- A friendly work environment
Interested in working with us?
Reach out if you feel you are the right fit for our growing team.