As one of North America’s leading providers of turnkey mechanical noise control and VIRS solutions, Parklane is on a constant search for top industry talent. Every day we help clients address their sound attenuation and vibration challenges. We do it by leveraging an agile approach to engineering, product manufacturing and implementation.
As a team-focused organization, we live and breathe our core values: Challenge accepted, share the wins/own the losses, work hard/play hard, and built on client relationships. By sharing ideas and supporting each other at every turn, we’ve built a reputation both for service excellence and the strength of our workplace culture. Put simply, our team is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our customers succeed —and that’s why we need professionals with the experience and expertise to produce quality work.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our growing finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the junior accountant will play a key role in the finance department and will be responsible for the full cycle accounting of one Canadian and one U.S. entity. The junior accountant will dive right in with the rest of the Finance team to meet monthly close and review engagement requirements as well as ad-hoc projects.
If you’re someone that has an eye for detail, is highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, bookkeeping and/or ERP software and is excited to grow their career in the accounting and finance profession, then we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for the full cycle accounting process including but not limited to, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll reporting and reconciliation, accruals, and deferred revenue
- Reconciliation of all ledger accounts, complete with back up documentation
- Review and processing employee expense claims
- Responsible for the timely filing of government information and payments (HST, T5’s etc.)
- Assisting with researching U.S. state tax registration requirements and reporting applicable information
- Assisting with year-end review engagements
Hard Skill Competencies and Qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years relevant work experience
- CPA designation, or actively working towards completing your designation
- Excellent business acumen and strong knowledge in finance
- Attention to detail is paramount
Soft Skill Competencies:
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You show enthusiasm, diplomacy, and a great attitude at work
- You are comfortable challenging the status quo and raising areas of improvement
- You have no problem jumping into the details and working on cross-departmental initiatives
- Working knowledge with ERP systems is considered a plus
- You demonstrate a professional approach with high integrity and solid personal ethics
- You are flexible and adaptable
- Act as a trusted colleague to answer queries across departments
- You are a self-starter who wants to make an impact and work in a collaborative manner
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in the performance bonus program
- A stellar 100% employer paid benefits program
- Employee professional development opportunities
- Paid holiday shutdown
- Remote work as per company policy
- A friendly work environment