As one of North America’s leading providers of turnkey mechanical noise control and VIRS solutions, Parklane is on a constant search for top industry talent. Every day we help clients with their sound attenuation and vibration challenges. We do it by leveraging an agile approach to engineering, product manufacturing and implementation.
As an organization, we live and breathe our core values: challenge accepted, work hard/play hard, share the wins/own the losses, and built on client relationships. By sharing ideas and supporting each other at every turn, we’ve built a reputation both for service excellence and the strength of our workplace culture. Put simply, our team is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our customers succeed—and that’s why we need professionals with the experience and expertise to solve complex problems.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for assisting Project Managers and Engineering Leads in the on-time completion of engineering or departmental improvement tasks as assigned. This position requires high levels of accuracy and proficiency across all major 3D and 2D CAD programs as well as a deep-seated knowledge of mechanical design. The Mechanical Designer collaborates with customers and design teams as required to complete assigned tasks on schedule. This position works closely and communicates with the sales team and Eng Leads to ensure strong product knowledge is maintained and actively seeks out performance and efficiency improvements on assigned work and tasks. The Mechanical Designer actively investigates emerging trends in CAD design and site metrology to ensure Parklane remains on the cutting edge within its core industry.
- Experienced and well-rounded engineer/technologist with a track record of developing complex products from concept through to production.
- Candidate must have proven experience in the design of Mechanical and/or HVAC systems. Experience with integrated electrical and structural design elements is an asset.
- Working knowledge of ISO/ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T) and drafting standards.
- Well versed in a wide variety of manufacturing methods. Not afraid to collaborate and learn from production teams on how to improve constructability of system designs.
- Experience with FEA simulation for mechanical and structural systems.
- Proficiency with materials and weldment design for larger custom systems.
- “Nuts and Bolts” technical thinker who has a track record of taking design concepts through to 100% detailed design for production.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the applicable codes and standards such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, CSA, NBCC, etc. Capacity to review and interpret codes as needed. • Ability to grasp new technical concepts and apply them to broader solutions design.
• Generate detailed 3D CAD models for application of noise control, vibration control and structural/mechanical systems. This includes existing component models developed from onsite metrology practices.
- Conduct detailed onsite measurements for base modelling development.
- Advanced work in 2D and 3D CAD environments. Proficiency in the Autodesk Design Suite is an asset.
- Integration/coordination with project BIM teams during detailed design development.
- Detailed clash analysis of new system designs with existing site models.
- Photo realistic rendering for customer submittals and proposals. • Motion simulation of multi-part assemblies for client presentation.
- Production of Engineered shop drawings based on conceptual engineered designs. This includes direct contribution to establishing appropriate drawing standards relevant to Parklane’s design deliverables.
- Composition of various project documentation, including product submittals, close out documentation, and RFI’s.
- Utilization of various coding platforms for design and process standardization.
- Maintain a practice of professional development, including knowledge of Parklane’s complete line of product and services, industry standards and codes, technical tools required for the job and advancing technologies.
- Contribute to inter-departmental standardization and modelling databases.
- Aid in project on-site work when assigned for coordination, meetings or inspections.
- Deadline driven – extra time spent in the office may be required to complete assigned tasks within the given deadline.
- Read and analyze customer architectural/mechanical drawings, and equipment and system blueprints/shop drawings.
- Develop internal design standards based on relevant design codes (ie SMACNA, ANSI, CSA, etc.)
- Aid in the influence of positive change, innovation and growth across all technical departments.
- Maintain a strong connection between design and manufacturing.
- Coordinate with sales teams on budget requirements for design for bid projects. Ensure these budgets are understood and work within during project execution.
- Completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field. Engineering degree is an asset.
- Proficiency in database creation and administration.
- Proficiency in the AutoDesk Product Design Suite and Revit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with mechanical noise and vibration control systems is an asset.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to include experience documenting processes and procedures.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to operate computer and various measuring devices.
- Able to climb stairs and service ladders.
- Drive to visit client sites.
- Telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Standard working hours, however extended hours may be periodically necessary to meet timelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in the performance bonus program
- A stellar 100% employer paid benefits program
- Employee professional development opportunities
- Paid holiday shutdown
- Remote work as per company policy
- A friendly work environment