Technical or Engineering CAD Designer
As one of North America’s leading providers of turnkey mechanical noise control and VIRS solutions, Parklane is on a constant search for top industry talent. Every day we help clients with their sound attenuation and vibration challenges. We do it by leveraging an agile approach to engineering, product manufacturing and implementation.
As an organization, we live and breathe our core values:
- Challenge Accepted
- Work Hard & Play Hard
- Share the Wins & Own the Losses, and
- Built on Client Relationships.
By sharing ideas and supporting each other at every turn, we’ve built a reputation both for service excellence and the strength of our workplace culture. Put simply, our team is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our customers succeed—and that’s why we need professionals with the experience and expertise to solve complex problems.
Parklane is searching for a dynamic individual to join the Design & Technical Engineering (D&TE) group within its Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will possess and align with Parklane’s core values—while striving to produce high-quality engineering work.
The ideal candidate may be of engineering or similar academic or technical background, applying for the position with title, Technical CAD Designer or Engineering CAD Designer.
This role requires proficient understanding of Computer Aided Design (CAD) fundamentals, as well as the importance of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). The successful candidate will be part of a team that develops solutions to challenges that are specific to our clients, and each of their projects.
Using AutoDesk software (primarily Inventor), the Technical or Engineering CAD Designer will be responsible for on-time generation and completion of detailed and accurate three-dimension (3D) models and two-dimension (2D) fabrication drawings of Parklane’s range of customizable acoustical solutions. This position requires strong communication skills—assuring the ability to understand project specifications, and to communicate and collaborate with the Parklane team.
The ideal candidate is expected to apply current industry standards for design, and to identify opportunities for improvement in Parklane’s engineering design frameworks. The Technical CAD Designer will be invested to actively investigate emerging trends in CAD design and metrology, to ensure Parklane remains on the cutting edge within its core industry.
- Conduct detailed onsite measurements for base modelling development.
- Aid in project on-site work when assigned for coordination, meetings or inspections.
- Read and analyze customer architectural/mechanical drawings, and equipment and system blueprints/shop drawings.
- Ability to generate detailed 3D CAD models from conceptual engineered designs, for application of noise control, vibration control and structural/mechanical systems. This includes existing component models developed from onsite measurement practices. Proficiency in the Autodesk Design Suite is an asset.
- Generate detailed 2D engineering/fabrication drawings. This includes direct contribution to establishing appropriate drawing standards relevant to Parklane’s design deliverables.
- Integration/coordination with project BIM teams during detailed design development.
- Detailed clash analysis of new system designs with existing site models.
- Motion simulation of multi-part assemblies for client presentation.
- Photo realistic rendering for customer submittals and proposals.
- Utilization of various coding platforms for design and process standardization.
- Composition of various project documentation, including product submittals, close out documentation, and RFI’s.
- Contribute to and maintain a practice of professional development, including knowledge of Parklane’s complete line of product and services, industry standards and codes, technical tools required for the job and advancing technologies.
- Contribute to interdepartmental standardization, and modelling databases.
- Develop internal design standards based on relevant design codes (ie SMACNA, ANSI, CSA, etc.).
- Coordinate with sales teams on budget requirements for design for bid projects. Ensure these budgets are understood and work within during project execution.
- Deadline driven – extra time spent in the office may be required to complete assigned tasks within the given deadline.
- Aid in the influence of positive change, innovation and growth across all technical departments.
- Maintain a strong connection between design and manufacturing.
- Completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field. Engineering degree is an asset.
- Proficiency in database creation and administration.
- Proficiency in the AutoDesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection Suite, and Revit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with mechanical noise and vibration control systems is an asset.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to include experience documenting processes and procedures.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to operate computer and various measuring devices.
- Able to climb stairs and service ladders.
- Drive to visit client sites.
- Telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Standard working hours, however extended hours may be periodically necessary to meet timelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in the performance bonus program.
- A stellar 100% employer paid benefits program.
- Employee professional development opportunities.
- Remote work as per company policy.
- A friendly work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person