Project & Services Engineer - Acoustics & Noise Control
As one of North America’s leading providers of turnkey mechanical noise control and VIRS solutions, Parklane is on a constant search for top industry talent. Every day we help clients with their sound attenuation and vibration challenges. We do it by leveraging an agile approach to engineering, product manufacturing and implementation.
As an organization, we live and breathe our core values:
- Challenge Accepted
- Work Hard & Play Hard
- Share the Wins & Own the Losses, and
- Built on Client Relationships.
By sharing ideas and supporting each other at every turn, we’ve built a reputation both for service excellence and the strength of our workplace culture. Put simply, our team is committed to doing whatever it takes to help our customers succeed—and that’s why we need professionals with the experience and expertise to solve complex problems.
Parklane is searching for a dynamic individual to join the Project & Services Engineering (P&SE) group within its Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will possess and align with Parklane’s core values—while striving to produce high-quality engineering work.
There are opportunities within the P&SE group for applicants of varying knowledge and experience, with positions being filled by candidates having commensurate capability and capacity.
Members of the P&SE group are principally responsible for the on-time completion of projects, largely having acoustical (sound, noise and vibration) and aerodynamic scopes.
This position will invite you to work collaboratively with other departments—Marketing & Sales, Finance, Project Management and Production—to conceptualize, plan, organize and coordinate engineering-related objectives for our clients’ projects. They will be encouraged to participate in supporting Parklane’s initiatives (Research and Development, and working toward advancing Standards, Guidelines & Codes).
The offered position will be commensurate with the depth of knowledge (theoretical and empirical) in the field of acoustics.
The following list includes foundational responsibilities. And, as with every role at Parklane, the successful candidate will appreciate a great breadth of challenges in working with all departments and through many stages of each of our projects.
- Work closely with the Direct of Engineering and the Chief Engineer to:
- Develop a strong understanding of Parklane’s proprietary engineering products and solutions.
- Develop a strong understanding of acoustical principles.
- Collaborate with other departments to meet project deadlines—by preparing proposals, submittals, presentations, reports, close-out documents, engineering calculations and specifications.
- Review the accuracy of engineering solutions (i.e., conceptual proposals, models, drawings) completed by Design & Technical Engineering.
- Capable of preparing and/or reviewing project-related drawings (e.g., architectural, structural, site, product/equipment and assemblies, HVAC, MEP).
- Aid in project on-site work when assigned for coordination, meetings or inspections.
- Conduct detailed onsite measurements for base modelling development.
- Maintain awareness of cost-implications of proposed engineering solutions (in terms of structural, product, assembly propositions).
- Maintain a practice of professional development, including knowledge of Parklane’s complete line of product and services, industry standards and codes, technical tools required for the job and advancing technologies.
- Maintain a strong connection between design and manufacturing.
- Become familiar with international standards, guidelines and building codes.
- Become familiar with jurisdictional requirements for noise (i.e., ordinances/limits)
- Contribute to inter-departmental standardization and modelling databases.
- Aid in the influence of positive change, innovation, and technical growth in the engineering department (Project & Services Engineering and Design & Technical Engineering groups).
- Completion of engineering or physics degree; academic training in acoustics (sound, noise and vibration) a strong asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess an understanding of acoustical principles (mechanical noise, vibration, control systems) is a strong asset.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to include experience documenting processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) principles (specifically in AutoDesk Product Design Suite and Revit) is an asset.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to operate computer and various measuring devices.
- Able to climb stairs and service ladders.
- Drive to visit client sites.
- Telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Standard working hours, however extended hours may be periodically necessary to meet timelines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Participation in the performance bonus program
- A 100% employer paid benefits program
- Employee professional development opportunities
- Remote work as per company policy
- A friendly work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person